...Nothing. You do nothing because that isn't even a real situation.
This was the title of a website page on Voodoo that I read today. You can probably hear me hitting my forehead from where you are reading this.
And I felt awful for the people that read that and truly believed that to be something that could really happen to their case. Basically it broke down like this:
When you start adjunct work you only needed 1 candle. Then after a while, you needed 2 candles. At the end of the story the main character was up to 24 candles and then he was finally able to reach his goal.
24 candles. 24 CANDLES!! Can you imagine having 24 red mummy candles burning!? Like, do you still use just one incense cone with that many candles?
But with all kidding aside, I can see how someone would believe that when their spellwork hits a plateau of sorts, their spellwork has built up a tolerance. When work starts to get like this, there ARE a few things you can do when you get to this point.
- Look at mixing up your petition a bit. Just like anyone else, your HD's higher self can get tired of hearing the same thing over and over and over if it is something really basic and without detail " Johnny loves Susie. Johnny wants to see Susie right now." Put everything you can into it.
- Mix up the products that you use. I love using different products to help me reach a goal. Sometimes instead of one long petition, I will write 2 or 3 smaller ones and rotate them every few nights. This is a personal preference though, because sometimes if my petition is too long, I will start to lose focus.
- Work on something else. There are times when you are pushing for something so hard that you might actually be smothering the work. Try and see if there is another area of your life that you can work on. There is usually always something that needs a little tweak.
- Consider doing some service to the lwa and get their advice. This is something that you can do for free, and often times it helps you get clarity
- Do healing work for yourself. I have found in the past that I can get really frustrated if I have been working on something that is taking longer to come to fruition than I'd like. That is when I always know I need to do some healing work for myself.
- Get moving. I heard that food is the most abused treatment for depression and exercise is the most underused one. Even if you aren't depressed, getting active always makes a difference. If you can get outside and get 20 minutes of sunshine each day, you will notice your mood changing because you are getting your vitamin D (this should be 20 minutes without sunscreen and exposing as much skin as possible).
What are some ways you can come up with to help when you are feeling stuck?
Love and light,