Most of you know that both Mambo Sam and myself do some extensive preparation before we speak with you for a reading.. Meditation is one of the ways in which we prepare. The preparation meditation is focused on what we know of you and your situation, as well as whatever questions and concerns have been listed on your reading form.
Did you know that there are steps YOU can take to prepare yourself for our reading :P)
Here is a brief list of suggestions for things you can do to prepare yourself before a reading :
- Be present for the reading! Schedule your appointment at a time when you have plenty of time both before and after the session. If you are feeling time pressure, you will not be able to focus on what is being said. Be as calm and relaxed as possible.
- When you submit your form for your reading, really think about your questions! What questions do you find that you ask yourself the most about your situation? Is there some worry or concern that is on your mind as you fall asleep, and is still there when you wake up? If so, ask about it!
- Sometimes a reading may go in a direction which was not planned. This is OK! The Spirits sometimes believe they have information they deem more important! And they are almost always right!
- Don’t be afraid to ask more questions or ask for clarification. This is your session. If something doesn’t make sense, keep asking questions until you really understand the answers. You will be glad you did.
- If you want a transcript of your reading, order the reading to be done in the typing chat room. The transcripts generated can be read and reread, and referred back to when time has warped our memories, which is so often does J If you prefer a phone reading keep a notebook handy to jot down information or more questions if you get them.
- Ten to fifteen minutes before the session sit quietly and clear your mind. This will help you be more present during the session and actually hear what is being said.
- Sometimes you may hear something which you consider “bad news”… it is our position that no news is truly bad news. We look at these instances as an opportunity to address something hindering the situation about which we did not previously know. Knowledge is Power! If we do not know about a problem, well, how can we address it???
- After the session you may want to take some time to integrate and reorient yourself back into your everyday world. Be aware of this and plan a few minutes to “come back” after the reading. Review your notes, if you took any.
- You may experience some emotion in the hours or day following the reading. Embrace this! Do not stuff the feelings back down. Journal about them if journaling is your thing. If you find the emotions confusing or persistent, email Mambo Sam or Sister Bridget and they will assist you.
If you are interested in having a reading with Mambo Sam, please click here
If you are interested in having a reading with Sister Bridget , please click here.